A Plan for EmergenciesEnroll Now | Important Service Notes | Complete Program Guidelines | Request Reimbursement One of the biggest worries you may have when reThinking your commute is what to do in case of an emergency. If you use an alternative mode of transportation as your primary commute mode and you register with reThink, you could qualify for our Emergency Ride Home (ERH) Program. reThink’s ERH Program is a back-up plan in case you have to arrange transportation home due to specific qualifying events. If one of these situations arises, you can request reimbursement for the expense of your emergency ride home. Once you register with reThink, you will be able to use the ERH reimbursement system up to four times a year, up to $150 for each occurrence. You must update your commuter profile every three months in order to keep your ERH registration active. To qualify for this program, you must use one of the following alternative modes of transportation to get to work at least two times a week.
Qualifying Alternative Modes of Transportation
- Riding the train to work
- Riding the bus to work
- Carpooling to work
- Vanpooling to work
- Biking or walking to work
Qualifying Emergency Events
- Carpool/Vanpool must leave work early
- Unscheduled overtime
- You must be enrolled in the program before the emergency event occurs
- Cost of a taxi
- Cost of a rental car
- Cost of mileage
- Each reimbursement request cannot exceed $150
- Each registered commuter is limited to a total of four reimbursements every calendar year
- Reimbursement requests are non-transferable
For full program guidelines, read more about this program. We can also answer questions by calling 1-866-610-RIDE (7433) or by sending us an e-mail.
Back To TopAn Important Service NoteIf you were enrolled with LYNX or Votran for their Guaranteed Ride Home Programs prior to July 2010, there are important changes you need to know.
Changes in the Program
- The Guaranteed Ride Home Program is now known as the Emergency Ride Home Program
- The program will work on a reimbursement basis – not through paper vouchers
- You must enroll with reThink and maintain an active commuter profile in order to qualify
- The program is now available to all commuters who use any qualifying alternative mode of transportation at least half the month within reThink’s service area
- Your employer does not need to be registered with reThink in order for you to qualify
- You can request reimbursement up to four times a year, up to $150 for each occurrence
- A new qualifying expense is mileage. If a co-worker or your manager drives you home, you can request reThink to pay for their mileage.
- Please read all of the guidelines for reThink’s new Emergency Ride Home Program
Enroll now in the reThink database today to become eligible for the Emergency Ride Home reimbursement program. For additional questions, please call us directly at 1-866-610-RIDE (7433).