Carsharing is short-term car rental. You rent a car by the hour, with hourly fees that include fuel and insurance.
On February 3, 2016, Zipcar began service in Downtown Orlando and Winter Park, making the second phase Central Florida Carshare Program.
How Zipcar Works
- Join – Apply online today. Once you are approved, you get your very own Zipcard and can start planning road trips.
- Reserve – Reserve a Zipcar for a couple of ours or the entire day. Do it online or on your mobile.
- Unlock – Walk to the car and hold your Zipcard to the windshield for a few seconds. The doors will unlock and it’s all yours!
- Drive – Drive away … and return to the same reserved parking spot at the end of your reservation. That’s it! (And remember, gas and insurance are included.)
To learn more and to sign up, visit www.Zipcar.com/Orlando.
ZipCar is available at the University of Central Florida, Rollins College and Stetson University.
Juice Bikes, the Orlando Bikeshare program gives you access to a fleet of bikes in Downtown Orlando that you can rent for a fee. Find out more at OrlandoBikeshare.com.
How Orlando Bikeshare Works
- Find and reserve a bike using the SoBi app or at OrlandoBikeshare.com.
- Unlock bikes by entering your PIN on the bike’s keypad.
- Holster the U-bar lock and you’re ready to roll.
- Simply lock your bike at a hub station or public bike rack when you’re done.