Let your employees know you understand the challenges they face by helping them reThink their commute.
How does this program help employers?
- Attract and retain great talent
- Receive tax benefits for supporting the efforts of your employees
- Employees keep more of their paychecks
- More parking for customers and visitors
- Receive national recognition by becoming a Best Workplaces for Commuters
What can I do as an employer?
- Offer Commuter Tax Benefits as part of your benefits plan, allowing employees to pay for transit or vanpool expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Offer reimbursement for qualified bicycling commuting expenses
- Create a carpool parking program to incentivize carpooling to work
- Install quality, covered bike parking at your worksite
- Provide discounted transit passes to your employees
- Encourage employee-organized efforts by hosting Commute Challenges
- Launch a telecommute program
- Adjust work schedules to allow employees to travel during non-peak travel times
Do I have to do this on my own?
No – the reThink team is here to help. From surveys to Transit Trainings, our Outreach Specialists help you customize a Commuter Benefits program that works for you and your employees.
I’m concerned about liability. Is there anything that protects the employer?
Yes – there is a Florida Statute that exempts employers from liability.
According to F.S. 768.091 “No employer shall be liable for injuries or damage…because such employer provides information or incentives to, or otherwise encourages, employees to participate in rideshare agreements.”
For the full text of this Florida Statute, please visit the Online Sunshine website.