June 29, 2018
The Florida Department of Transportation’s (FDOT) “reThink Your Commute” program is hosting its third annual Go DTO: Downtown Orlando Commute Challenge. Commuters and downtown workers are asked to pledge to try a new commute option every third Thursday from July through December. Each month, a different option will be featured from telecommuting to transit.
- In July, the focus will be telecommuting, with the goal of companies encouraging their employees to work from home on Thursday, July 19.
- SunRail will be the featured option in August, with a call to try the train on Thursday, August 16.
- In September, the focus will be carpooling and encouraging co-workers to share the ride to work on Thursday, September 20.
- October will be focused on encouraging those who live in Downtown Orlando to walk to work on Thursday, October 18.
- Biking will be the focus in November, with an invitation to downtown workers to bike to work on Thursday, November 15.
- The challenge will wrap up with a bus service focus in December. Commuters will be asked to pledge to ride LYNX or LYMMO on Thursday, December 20.
The reThink Your Commute outreach team is available to help downtown Orlando companies and commuters take advantage of the available transportation options. The FDOT program provides a free ridematching service, an Emergency Ride Home reimbursement program and “last-mile” connectivity assistance.
For more information about the Go DTO: Downtown Orlando Commute Challenge, visit www.GoDTO.org or call (407) 875-8901.
Media inquiries should be directed to the FDOT Communications Office at 386-943-5479, or [email protected]