At reThink Your Commute, we promote smart transportation solutions for the region’s workforce.
We bring together businesses and employees to explore the shared benefits of carpooling, vanpooling, transit, biking, walking and telecommuting. By connecting commuters with alternatives to driving alone, our program strengthens our area’s quality of life by decreasing traffic congestion, improving air quality, conserving natural resources and helping people save money.
Top 10 Reasons to Embrace Transportation Options
- Attract and retain great talent
- Free up more parking for customers and visitors
- Develop a more active, healthier workforce
- Generate positive community standing
- Receive recognition as a “Best Workplace for Commuters”
- Increase morale with flexible scheduling options
- Foster office camaraderie and teamwork
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Receive tax benefits
- Earn LEED credits
Transportation problems? We can help.
We help employers, property managers and municipalities solve their biggest transportation challenges.
- Not enough parking? Free up spaces with carpooling, vanpooling, transit or telecommuting.
- Employees having trouble getting to work? Invest in commuter options for greater reliability.
- Worried about rising insurance costs? Welcome a healthier workforce by encouraging walking or biking.
- Challenges engaging a changing workforce? Demonstrate social responsibility by offering commuter benefits.
reThink Your Commute offers your team:
- Ridematching service to connect commuters with potential carpool partners
- Reimbursement for qualified commuters through our free Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program
- Transit Trainings to assist commuters with route planning and trial runs
- “Last mile” connectivity assistance, from Workplace Connectors to pedestrian safety
- Presentations on transportation topics, from Juice Bikes to Zipcar
- Certified safety instructors for bike commuters
- Telework consulting and best practices
reThink Your Commute is a Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program of the Florida Department of Transportation, serving District 5. Find out more about the program in our annual reports.
Find out more in our Annual Reports
- Fiscal Year 17/18
- Fiscal Year 16/17
- Fiscal Year 15/16
- Fiscal Year 14/15
- Fiscal Year 13/14
- Fiscal Year 12/13
- Fiscal Year 11/12
- Fiscal Year 10/11
Want to learn more?
Sign up for our e-newsletter and follow us on social media.